Intercon 1 cables can be found in a broad range of applications. From your local hospital, to Dodgers stadium, to the Hubbell microscope, Intercon 1 cables are relied on to insure a robust interconnect capable of withstanding some of the universe’s most harsh environments. Examples of these applications and the solution Intercon 1 provided are:
- Aerospace reconnaissance – Multiple Cameras linked with one common 38999 interconnect.
- Moisture and atmospheric isolation chambers – Use of a hermetically sealed interconnect to restrict gases from migrating through a the cable from the camera to the computer.
- High flex robotic cable – Custom designed cable and connector backshells able to withstand millions of rolling flex and torsional motions. Intercon cables continue to provide reliable service after years of repeated use on big 3 auto production lines.
- Surgical centers – In a surgical theatre where a cable failure cannot be tolerated, ruggedized cables and breakouts were developed to withstand repeated handling by medical personnel and the abuse of equipment traffic rolling over the cable.
- Clean room environments – Two cables mounted within the same C-track can abrade against each other and can cause contamination in critical areas such as a medical clean room. As exclusive provider of Camera Link assemblies featuring Gore™ Camera Link® High Flex Flat cable, Intercon 1 provides a non-particulating cable solution that resists abrasion and contamination of the clean room.